Objectives and Key Results on the TripAdvisor Restaurants Team
Presenter: Jeremy Biffis
TripAdvisor isn’t just a reviews site -- under the hood there is a massive engineering effort with hundreds of engineers working to deliver customized, dynamic travel recommendations for our 5 million users instantly. TripAdvisor Restaurants has been a “startup”and is now one of the fastest growing teams in the company. We work hard to get great new features out to diners, helping them find the perfect dining experience both at home and abroad. This talk is about how Restaurants is implementing an Objectives and Key Results (OKR) framework to keep the handful of cross-functional Agile teams working towards our common goal. I’ll share how we got here, what we’ve learned, and where we’re headed.
This talk will cover;
- How we define OKRs and how it has changed and grown with the team.
- What is an effective Objective? Key Results?
- How do we break down our quarterly/yearly OKRs down to individual sprints?
- This is Agile right? How do we change things?
- Sounds really cool, but does it work?
- What’s next?