Non-Techies Guide to Agile Engineering Practices - Learn the fun way!
Building the right thing and building it quickly! How about building it the right way?
"Sometimes it pays to stay in bed on Monday, rather than spending the rest of the week debugging Monday’s code.” – Dan Salomon
Is your delivery team delivering Spaghetti code, all complex and tangled up? Want them out of bed on a Monday and working on Lasagna code, all structured, well defined and layered?
Starting out introducing Agile engineering practices is difficult. What is it? Where do you go? How do you start?
In this session Agile Engineering practices, concepts and philosophies will be introduced. Through structured exercises, attendees will demonstrate the following agile engineering practices:
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Pair Programming
- Continuous Integration
Through this highly interactive hand on workshop, you will learn the concepts and develop an understanding of Agile engineering practices in a playful way without touching a single piece of code.
Target Audience: Scrum Masters, Agile Coaches, Executives, Managers, Agile Leaders and Scrum Teams.
Outline/Structure of the Workshop
Session outline as follows:
The session uses accelerated learning techniques, and is highly interactive, based on the 4C’s approach described in Sharon Bowman’s Training from the Back of the Room. Each Agile Engineering Practice concept will be explained and learnt using the 4C’s approach below:
- Participants will be provided a thought-provoking question related to a specific engineering practice and to be discussed in pairs or groups.
- Introduction into the engineering practice concept and the history e.g. Pair Programming
- The participants will be provided a Lego exercise to be completed in a time boxed specified.
- Debrief on learnings of the engineering practice concept practiced.
- Q & A
- You will be able to explain what Agile engineering practices are.
- You will be able demonstrate Agile engineering practices.
- You will be able to apply tools and techniques on coaching your organisation on Agile engineering practices.